The EWEC database acts as store house of business information for business matching, networking and information sharing that provides business information to the business and investors in promoting trade and investment in 13 provinces of four countries namely Danang, Hue, and Quang tri province in Vietnam, Khammoune and Savannakhet province in Laos, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Phitsanulok and Tak province in Thailand, Kayin and Mon States in Myanmar.
The website is expected to be improved with relevant information not only as a business database but also as a dynamic Business-to-Business (B2B) E-platform to promote SMEs and their products through e-commerce. The objectives of the EWEC Business Database and Business-to-Business (B2B) platform are:
- To provide a business networking platform for SMEs to access regional and global market and enhance trade and investment in the corridor
- To make local products and services development more responsive to the needs in the regional market through diversified mainstream businesses and networking;
- To provide and enhance business outreach to enterprises and investors through an effective information sharing mechanism with the latest trade and investment updates and technical support; and
- To improve diversification and the cross-fertilization of ideas and initiatives through an increase in member and non-member registration in the Forum.
The website comprises three types of data:
- Provincial Profiles,
- Trade Promotion Organizations (TPOs) Profile, and
- Individual Company Profiles.